Friday 16 December 2011

PENning the PEN’S story




I am a significant piece of insignificance
A slender tube of plastic, ink and nib
Through ages humans have made and remade me..
I am a vital tool of their expression
I am a medium to their thoughts
You will find me in abundance but still give a frantic search for me while noting a phone number
My lifespan is as long as i have ink to spare..
I have been shared, borrowed, fought over and with..
I have even been the accessory to the buds of friendship...
At times i am thrown
At times kept in a drawer  forgotten..
And a few many times preserved as a memorable gift from someone special....


I come in all shapes, colours and sizes.. and even types!
I will never disappoint you with my diversity.. cause i have a choice for each and every liking..
I can be fancy and strict ,showy and subtle...
I am used by all, but fascination of few..


I have played a silent role in all your lives..
Right from when you were a kid!
Remember bragging about me to your friends
About the first time you upgraded from a mere pencil to the magnificent sword of me....
As you aged i became a necessity... a tool without which you were lost in the classrooms...
Without which pages of the notebook were white as the untouched snow...
You grew, still older and i was forgotten in the maze of the alphabets on the keyboard..
No more was I needed..
No more was my friend ,the pages heeded..
But I am happy for the part I played
All those lives I touched and stayed..


I have and always am a significant piece of insignificance...



p.s : When i meant something of everything I literally did mean ANYTHING and EVERYTHING!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment