Thursday 31 May 2012

of heavy metal..


Suddenly i found myself wondering into the uncharted waters of death metal.. well its not like i haven’t heard of them earlier but suddenly they appealed to me very much today.. i was indeed able to see past the dog growls (which i think is called something else all together but just cant place it) ops! death growls!

The intro has always appealed to me.. with the electric guitar pieces and drums.. but somehow that “voice” like someone’s dog with a bad cold, a sore throat is trying to sing (i mean no offence to it, just describing!) may be cause it was hard to decipher the lyrics or dunno unravelling the words from all that roughness was a bit too much that i was repulsed from it.

The first time i was listening to it.. for the first 2 mins i was so engrossed into the tune before baam (or rather grrrrowl!) came the voice which made me look around to check the earphones after which i realised it was no electrical glitch but meant that way!  

And today enlightenment dawned upon me when i came across the lyrics of some of the dark songs.. beautiful, powerful, sad and truly depressing (anytime when you think you are getting too cheerful for your own good listen to them! Brings you right down to the ground or even further down the ditch may be).. but indeed it portrays a dark side of life in its own elegant flow of words and not so smooth vocals. Indeed its true, don’t judge the book by its cover in this case by its “ahem ahem” growls. Respect++


 


Trapped in the clutches
Of my created dreams
Trapped in my failure
Trapped in the days I forced myself to keep

No comments:

Post a Comment